Food and Beverages Manager
Closing: 19 Aug 2022
Lakowe Lakes Hospitality LimitedKM 35, Lekki-Epe Expressway Lakowe, Ibeju Lekki, Lagos
At Lakowe Lakes, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. The Food and Beverage Manager at Lakowe Lakes Golf and Country Estate will be expected to oversee the operations and growth of the F&B business across Lakowe Lakes in all current and future outlets including the Club House, Corporate Lodge, Wine Bar, Driving Range and Sports Club. The overarching objective is to enhance guest satisfaction and provide a strong source of revenue generation.
- Create and Implement the Food and Beverage Culture at Lakowe Lakes
- Develop and manage food and beverage outlet menus
- Create and manage Food and Beverage recipes for food and beverage outlets
- Implement the vision of the look and feel of each food and beverage outlet.
Lead the Food and Beverage Team
- Manages the Food and Beverage departments.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Oversees all culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations.
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
- Responds quickly and proactively to employee's concerns.
- Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Provides proactive coaching and counseling to team members.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Sets clear expectations with the employees and team leaders and ensures that appropriate rewards are given if expectations are exceeded.
Develop and Maintain Budget
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Responds quickly and proactively to guest's concerns.
- Understands the brand's service culture
- Ensures that all employees, team leaders and managers understand the brand's service culture
- Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
- Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
- Ensures all banquet functions are up to standard and exceed guest's expectations.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Prepare, utilize and update an Annual Marketing Plan, broken down as necessary by department.
- Evaluate local, national and international market trends, vendors and other hotel/restaurant operations to make sure that the hotel’s own operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
- Develop seasonal food and beverage packages to support other business initiatives.
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ensures effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and property meetings.
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Previous experience as F&B personnel in a hotel
- Good level of computer literacy: MS Office
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal essential
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Ability to work all shifts, including weekends, evenings and holidays
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven food and beverage management experience
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Guest-oriented and service-minded
- Culinary school diploma or degree in food service management or related field
DepartmentLakowe Lakes Hospitality
Experience0 - 10 Year(s)